- Support and encourage fellow dancers
- Be on time
- No hands on hips
- Watch body language and the message you send out into the world
- No talking during class
- Show your appreciation and respect by clapping and thanking your instructor after every class
How important is a dress code in dance class?
In addition to saving dance parents time and money, the dress code:
- Helps a young dancer understand they are going to a structured class (compared to unstructured playtime).
- Ensures that the clothing is not a distraction during class.
- Ensures that the dancer is appropriately dressed to be necessarily covered.
- Ensures that each dancer has the same brand, style and color of shoes and tights for on stage performances. The EDS Dress Code is mandatory; however several times per season during parent observation days, dancers may wear whatever they choose to class.